As of May 2016, I have moved to the Climate, Ocean, and Sea Ice Modeling group at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
High dimensional data analysis, statistical and predictive modeling, and uncertainty quantification, with particularly interest in applications to climate science.
- D. Comeau, Z. Zhao, D. Giannakis, A. Majda. Data-driven prediction strategies for low-frequency patterns of North Pacific climate variability. Climate Dynamics, 2016.
- D. Comeau, D. Kurtze, and J. Restrepo. A conceptual model of oceanic heat transport in the Snowball Earth scenario. Earth System Dynamics, 2016. model_code
- J. Restrepo, S. Venkataramani, D. Comeau, H. Flaschka. Defining a trend for a time series using the Intrinsic Time-scale Decomposition. New Journal of Physics, 16(8):085004, 2014.
- E.C. Hunke and D. Comeau. Sea ice and iceberg dynamic interaction. Journal of Geophysical Research, 116(C5):C05008, 2011.
- J.D. Pelletier, D. Comeau, and J. Kargel. Controls of glacial valley spacing on Earth and Mars. Geomorphology, 116:189-201, 2010.
- J.D. Pelletier, T. Engelder, D. Comeau, A. Hudson, M. Leclerc, A. Youberg, and S. Diniega. Tectonic and structural control of fluvial channel morphology in metamorphic core complexes: The example of the Catalina-Rincon core complex, Arizona. Geosphere, 5(4):363-384, 2009.