Kaffee und Kuchen!
Ed•win P. Ger•ber
|ĕd’wĭn pē gûr’bûr|
1. Climate scientist,
currently an Assistant Professor in the Center for Atmosphere Ocean
Science at New York
Institute of Mathematical Sciences and an Assistant Editor for
the Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society.
2. Cyclist, harmonica player, fledgling cook, outdoors enthusiast trying out the city life, adventurer, day dreamer, and concerned citizen.
3. Son, brother, husband, and father.
DERIVATIVES Ed Gerber, Eddie (dated)
ORIGIN Forename from my grandfather Edwin Rosenthaler (1921-1963), who was named after his grandfather, Edwin Howe (1868-?). P for Paul, also the middle name of my father. Surname traced as far back as my great-great-great-grandfather Abraham Gerber (?-1919), originally from Holland. His son Abel (1867-1931) had immigrated to Grand Rapids, MI by 1889.
- July 2014
- Now in print in the Journal of Climate, our
paper on the
response of the austral circulation to ozone and
greenhouse gas forcing.
- Just submitted to J. Climate, our study on a
wave bridge from the tropical Atlantic to the Amundsen
Sea, led by Xichen Li,
- and to JAS, a study on
season cycle and variability of the stratospheric polar
vortex, led by Aditi
- and last, but not least, just accepted by the Quarterly Journal,
a review paper on the predictability of
the stratosphere and its impact on tropospheric
forecasts, led by Om Tripathi.
- June 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- Congratulations to Dr. Xichen Li on a successful
thesis defense, and for nabbing a postdoctoral
fellowship at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography!
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- Congratulations to Dr. Naftali Cohen on a
successfull PhD defense, 13 November 2013!
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- October 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012 Two manuscripts now in print!
Please see our papers on