Our Career Services
The Program’s Career Resources
The Mathematics in Finance program offers innovative professional and career development resources to help full-time students secure internship and full-time opportunities, specifically targeting careers in the financial industry. Our full-time students receive career services directly from the program, including:
- Group and one-on-one sessions with career coaches
- Career workshops, mock interviews, and bootcamp training specifically tailored to careers in quantitative finance and financial data science
- Employer recruitment events
- Direct internship and full-time opportunities through the program’s network
- Resume guidance and feedback
- Resume book distribution to companies in the financial industry
- Alumni panel discussions and networking events
The NYU Wasserman Center for Career Development
The Wasserman Center for Career Development is a comprehensive career center that offers students and alumni award-winning services that are essential for competing in today's job market. The NYU Wasserman offers general career coaching support, including:
- Career coaching
- In-person and virtual professional development events
- Free access to online job postings and career resources through Handshake
Most students meet with the center as they are looking for internships and full-time jobs. To learn more about NYU Wasserman career services, events, and resources, please visit them here.
Program Employment & Internship Statistics
Our graduates leave the university equipped with tools, rescources, and connections to embark on inspiring careers across the financial industry. Below we summarize our recent graduates' placement statistics, where they work and what they do.
Class of 2020
- Employed at graduation (or within 3 months): 95%
- Average base salary (excluding bonus): $100,000
- Summer internship placement: 72%
Class of 2019
- Employed at graduation (or within 3 months): 100%
- Average base salary (excluding bonus): $101,000
- Summer internship placement: 95%
Companies Our Recent Graduates Work For
Some companies our graduates are employed at include: Bank of America, Citi, J.P. Morgan, Credit Suisse, Cubist Systematic Strategies, Deutsche Bank, EY, Fidelity, Goldman Sachs, PIMCO, Point 72. For a larger list of companies where our recent graduates work, please see here.
Roles Our Recent Graduates Hold
Some roles our recent graduates hold include: Data Science & Engineering, Derivatives & Options, Equity Derivatives, Financial Engineer, Machine Learning Engineer, Portfolio Optimization, Quantitative Pricing and Risk Analytics. For a larger list of roles held by our recent graduates, please see here.