As of May 2016, I have moved to the Climate, Ocean, and Sea Ice Modeling group at Los Alamos National Laboratory .
High dimensional data analysis, statistical and predictive modeling, and uncertainty quantification, with particularly interest in applications to climate science.
- D. Comeau, D. Giannakis, Z. Zhao, A. Majda. D. Giannakis, Z. Zhao, A. Majda. Predicting regional and pan-Arctic sea ice anomalies with kernel analog forecasting. Climate Dynamics, in revision.
- D. Comeau, Z. Zhao, D. Giannakis, A. Majda. Data-driven prediction strategies for low-frequency patterns of North Pacific climate variability. Climate Dynamics, 48(5-6):1855-1872, 2017.
- D. Comeau, D. Kurtze, and J. Restrepo. A conceptual model of oceanic heat transport in the Snowball Earth scenario. Earth System Dynamics, 7(4), 937-951, 2016. model_code
- J. Restrepo, S. Venkataramani, D. Comeau, H. Flaschka. Defining a trend for a time series using the Intrinsic Time-scale Decomposition. New Journal of Physics, 16(8):085004, 2014.
- E.C. Hunke and D. Comeau. Sea ice and iceberg dynamic interaction. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 116(C5):C05008, 2011.
- J.D. Pelletier, D. Comeau, and J. Kargel. Controls of glacial valley spacing on Earth and Mars. Geomorphology, 116:189-201, 2010.
- J.D. Pelletier, T. Engelder, D. Comeau, A. Hudson, M. Leclerc, A. Youberg, and S. Diniega. Tectonic and structural control of fluvial channel morphology in metamorphic core complexes: The example of the Catalina-Rincon core complex, Arizona. Geosphere, 5(4):363-384, 2009.