I am a postdoctoral researcher in mathematics at the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, NYU and a junior fellow in the Simons Society of Fellows. My faculty mentor at Courant is Jalal Shatah.
I completed my PhD in 2015 at the University of California, Berkeley under the supervision of Daniel Tataru.
Nonlinear dispersive PDE arise in a variety of physical contexts such as water waves, plasma physics and general relativity. These time-dependent equations are characterized by the property that waves with different frequencies travel at different (group) velocities, causing solutions to spread out or disperse.
Publications and Preprints
- (with P. Germain and J. L. Marzuola) Compactons and their variational properties for degenerate KdV and NLS in dimension 1. Preprint (2017).
- (with J. L. Marzuola) Small data global solutions for the Camassa-Choi equations. Preprint (2017).
- (with M. Ifrim, and D. Tataru) Finite depth gravity water waves in holomorphic coordinates. Ann. PDE 3, no. 1 (2017): 4.
- (with M. Ifrim, and D. Tataru) The lifespan of small data solutions to the KP-I. Int. Math. Res. Not. IMRN 2017, no. 1 (2017): 1–28.
- Long time behavior of solutions to the mKdV. Comm. Partial Differential Equations 41, no. 2 (2016): 282–317.
- Large Data Local well-Posedness for a class of KdV-type equations II. Int. Math. Res. Not. IMRN 2015, no. 18 (2015): 8590–8619.
- Large data local well-Posedness for a class of KdV-type equations. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 367, no. 2 (2015): 755–773.
New York University
- Ordinary Differential Equations, Fall 2017.
- Calculus 1, Fall 2016.
University of California, Berkeley
- Analytic Geometry and Calculus, Fall 2014.
- Multivariable Calculus, Fall 2013.
- Introduction to Topology & Analysis, Spring 2013.
- Analytic Geometry and Calculus, Spring 2012.
- Linear Algebra & Differential Equations, Fall 2011.
- Multivariable Calculus, Spring 2011.
- Calculus, Fall 2010.
I am originally from London, UK and have been in New York since August 2015. I did my PhD at the University of California, Berkeley under the supervision of Daniel Tataru and my undergraduate degree at Magdalen College, Oxford.