Every spring the mathematics department presents awards to exceptional students in the department.
Hollis Cooley Memorial Prize
Awarded for excellence and for exceptional promise in mathematics.
- Taher Dahleh (May 2016)
- Olivia Chu (May 2015)
- Saad Khan (May 2014)
- Jing Ye (May 2013)
- Patrick Wilson (2012)
- Nathaniel Weinman (May 2011)
- Shunxin Jiang (May 2010)
- Karol Koziol (May 2009)
Presented to a graduating senior for excellence in math and service to the department; and to members of the junior class for meritorious service, or for excellence in math.
- Maryna Asipchuk (May 2016)
- Taher Dahleh (May 2015)
- Anastasios Bountouvas (May 2014)
- John Chiarelli, Keyue Gao & Xu Yan (2013)
- Sun Hyoung S Kim, Nathaniel Weinman & Frank Hsu (2012)
- Donimick Villano & Chaney Lin, (Sr.) Neil Pathak & Jason Gruener (Jr.) (May 2011)
- Stephanie Lewkiewicz, Dominick Villano & Ilya Zhitomirskiy (May 2010)
- Vinay Mahadeo, Rachel Marano & Kelly Sielert (May 2009)
Perley Lenwood Thorne Medal in Mathematics
This medal, endowed by the faculty to honor Professor Thorne at the time of his retirement in 1949, is awarded for outstanding scholarship in mathematics.
- Sebastian Ament (May 2016)
- John Ryan (May 2015)
- Jing Lu (May 2014)
- Jaroslaw Jaracz (2013)
- Jiayang Gao (2012)
- Aukosh Jagannath (May 2011)
- Corey Everlove (May 2010)
- Michael Weiss (May 2009)
Mathematics Awards for Academic Achievement
Presented to graduating seniors for academic excellence in mathematics.
- Andrej Kopanyi, Carmen Lai, Hao Hua Li, Ran You, and Ruitu Xu (May 2016)
- Eric Hu, Samuel Jeralds, Kristin Petersmann, Hai Yan Wang, & Bingru Weng (May 2015)