Undergraduate Tutoring Center
The Mathematics Department will be offering a mix of in-person and virtual tutoring sessions via Zoom for the Fall 2021 semester. Tutoring will begin on Wednesday, September 8th and run through Tuesday, December 14th. All tutoring sessions are held on a drop-in basis, students do not need to schedule appointments. Please note that tutoring is not held on University Holidays.
Students can join any tutoring session for assistance in the following courses:
- MATH-UA 009 Algebra & Calculus
- MATH-UA 120 Discrete Math
- MATH-UA 121 Calculus I
- MATH-UA 122 Calculus II
- MATH-UA 123 Calculus III
- MATH-UA 140 Linear Algebra
Tutoring for the following courses is offered at the discretion of the department:
- MATH-UA 211, 212, 213 Math for Economics I, II, III: An appointment will have "Math for Econ I-III" listed after the tutor's name if it is being offered that semester.
- MATH-UA 325 Analysis and/or MATH-UA 343 Algebra: An appointment will have "Analysis" and/or "Algebra" listed after the tutor's name if it is being offered that semester.
In-person tutoring is offered in rooms 505 and 524 in Warren Weaver Hall. All tutoring sessions are held on a drop-in basis, students do not need to schedule appointments. You can view the in-person tutoring schedule on the classroom calendar(s) and listed below.
- 2pm–4:30pm: Harry (Room 505)
- 5pm–7:30pm: Edoardo (Room 505)
- 11am–1:30pm: Becky *Math for Econ I-III tutoring only* (Room 524)
- 12:30pm–3pm: Ron (Room 505)
- 5:30pm–8pm: Wanzhou (Room 505)
- 11am–1:30pm: Alexander (Room 505)
- 2pm–4:30pm: Harry (Room 524)
- 3:30pm–6pm: Ron (Room 505)
- 5:30pm–8pm: Edoardo (Room 524)
- 11am–1:30pm: Wenbo (Room 505)
- 2pm–4:30pm: Alexander (Room 505)
- 5pm–7:30pm: Wanzhou (Room 505)
- 11am–1:30pm: Advaith (Room 505)
You can view the virtual tutoring schedule below. If you would like to join an ongoing tutoring session, click on the tutor's name to join the Zoom meeting. All times listed are in Eastern Standard Time (EST). Please note that you must be logged into your NYU account in order to access Zoom.
- 8am–10:30am: Wenbo
- 10am–12:30pm: Jennie
For questions about tutoring services in the Math Department, please contact the Program Administrator, Dana Jaggi at email@example.com.
If you are interested in applying to be a tutor in the Math Department, please visit: Work Opportunities in the Math Department.