Graduate Student / Postdoc Seminar
After a COVID-19 hiatus, the Graduate Student/Postdoc Seminar is up and running again!
This seminar is meant to benefit young mathematicians, particularly graduate students and postdocs. It aims to accomplish the following:
- provide a venue for talks that young mathematicians will understand
- expose students to areas of research at the Courant Institute
The research talks should be fairly introductory and accessible to students and non-specialists in the audience.
If you would like to give a talk or ask a question about the seminar, please contact one of the seminar organizers:
- Natalia Hajilasz (nh2429 [at] nyu [dot] edu)
- Luke Peilen (lkp279 [at] cims [dot] nyu [dot] edu)
- Zhenfeng Tu (zt2255 [at] nyu [dot] edu)
- Zhijia Zhang (zhijia.zhang [at] cims [dot] nyu [dot] edu)
Seminars are at 1pm in Warren Weaver Hall 1302. Pizza and drinks will be served before/after the talks. Historical events prior to 2010 for this seminar are available here.
Seminar Organizer(s): Natalia Hajilasz, Luke Peilen, Zhenfeng Tu, Zhijia Zhang
Friday, April 14, 20231PM, Warren Weaver Hall 1302
Nonlinear PDE solvers and estimation of tail probabilities
Georg Stadler, Courant