Graduate Student / Postdoc Seminar
The Graduate Student/Postdoc Seminar is cancelled for the foreseeable future because of COVID19 concerns.
This seminar is meant to benefit young mathematicians, particularly graduate students and postdocs. It aims to accomplish the following:
- provide a venue for talks that young mathematicians will understand
- expose students to areas of research at the Courant Institute
The research talks should be fairly introductory and accessible to students and non-specialists in the audience.
If you would like to give a talk or ask a question about the seminar, please contact one of the seminar organizers:
- Xuenan Li (xl2643 [at] cims [dot] nyu [dot] edu)
- Isaac Neal (in577 [at] cims [dot] nyu [dot] edu)
- Evan Toler (eht247 [at] cims [dot] nyu [dot] edu)
- Scott Weady (sw4067 [at] cims [dot] nyu [dot] edu)
Seminars are at 1 p.m. Pizza and drinks are served at 12:45 p.m. Historical events prior to 2010 for this seminar are available here.
Seminar Organizer(s): Xuenan Li, Isaac Neal, Evan Toler, and Scott Weady
Friday, April 28, 20171PM, Warren Weaver Hall 1302
Baroclinic Turbulence in Earth's Oceans
Friday, April 14, 20171PM, Warren Weaver Hall 1302
1D/2D Log-Gases: Searching for Transitions
Friday, March 31, 20171PM, Warren Weaver Hall 1302
On Phase Transitions for Spiked Random Matrix and Tensor Models
Friday, March 24, 20171PM, Warren Weaver Hall 1302
Small Noise, Big Impact: The Inexorable Effect of Random Perturbations on Dynamical Systems
Friday, March 10, 20171PM, Warren Weaver Hall 1302
Invariant Polynomials and Quotients of Spheres