Graduate Student / Postdoc Seminar
The Graduate Student/Postdoc Seminar is cancelled for the foreseeable future because of COVID19 concerns.
This seminar is meant to benefit young mathematicians, particularly graduate students and postdocs. It aims to accomplish the following:
- provide a venue for talks that young mathematicians will understand
- expose students to areas of research at the Courant Institute
The research talks should be fairly introductory and accessible to students and non-specialists in the audience.
If you would like to give a talk or ask a question about the seminar, please contact one of the seminar organizers:
- Marguerite Brown (brownml [at] cims [dot] nyu [dot] edu)
- Xuenan Li (xl2643 [at] cims [dot] nyu [dot] edu)
- Isaac Neal (in577 [at] cims [dot] nyu [dot] edu)
- Evan Toler (eht247 [at] cims [dot] nyu [dot] edu)
- Scott Weady (sw4067 [at] cims [dot] nyu [dot] edu)
Seminars are at 1 p.m. Pizza and drinks are served at 12:45 p.m. Historical events prior to 2010 for this seminar are available here.
Seminar Organizer(s): Marguerite Brown, Xuenan Li, Isaac Neal, Evan Toler, and Scott Weady
Friday, April 3, 2020CANCELLED
Statistical prediction for a classical dynamical system using a quantum system
Dimitris Giannakis, CIMS/CAOS
Friday, March 6, 20201PM, Warren Weaver Hall 1302
How to explain transient climate change with one equation?
Laure Zanna, CIMS/CAOS
Friday, February 21, 20201PM, Warren Weaver Hall 1302
A Liouville type theorem on compact manifolds with nonnegative curvature and convex boundary
Fengbo Hang, CIMS