Declaring a Major or Minor

Before declaring a Math Major or Minor, please review all Major/Minor course requirements.

Major Declaration Process

Students who are currently undeclared and would like to declare a Major in Mathematics or Mathematics & Physics, or students who would like to change majors should complete the Declare or Change Major Form. Please have your current advisor sign the form and then schedule an appointment for math advisement. Completed forms should then be turned into LC 260, 262, or 264 for processing.

Minor Declaration Process

Students who would like to declare a Minor in Mathematics must apply for a minor in Albert using the link in the My Academics section of the Student Center. Students should apply for the minor before they apply for graduation. When you apply for a minor, the application is then forwarded to the Home School Advising Office, Host School Advising Office, Host School Department/Program, and the Academic Dean’s office. If it is approved, the minor will appear on your transcript.

Removal of a Minor from your Academic Record

You may request removal of a minor from your academic record via the application form in the My Academics section of your Albert Student Center.

Internal Transfers

Internal transfers are current NYU students who want to transfer from one NYU school or college to another. Please refer to NYU's policy on internal transfers and the additional program requirements section. Students will not be permitted to transfer between schools for math or a similar major, including math joint majors. For questions about internal transfers, please contact


For any questions about declaring a Major or Minor in Mathematics, please contact the Math Department at